Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Holier than thou

Message 2666

Date: 2003-04-23 00:12:38

I laugh at your holier than thou attitude towards other mmorpgs, when you barely even started on your own game! Your website is a barren wasteland, and we still haven't gotten word one about your progress. You make the CIA look outgoing.

Message 2668

Date: 2003-04-27 04:00:43
In-Reply-To: 2666

Haha! Your silence only proves my point! Now answer the damn thread!

Message 2669

Date: 2003-04-29 23:33:55
In-Reply-To: 2668

Fool, until you have been waiting as long as some of the people here, do not dare to utter.

But on another note, it's kind of nice to hear another voice in this god forsaken forum

Message 2670

Date: 2003-05-02 23:30:46
In-Reply-To: 2669

I'v been with the Majik project for a very long time now. All this is just part of "business as usual" don't expect things to leap forward and suddenly combust with lots of activity unless some major developments in the technological end happen first. And we are in the process of getting the tech there. It has taken a while, and it will take a while longer, but eventually Majik will get there in the end. And I'm going to still be here.

.M

Message 2671

Date: 2003-05-06 07:27:06
In-Reply-To: 2670

Majik has been taken a heck of a long time to eventually get finished. How many years has it been now?

Message 2672

Date: 2003-05-07 04:52:45
In-Reply-To: 2671

Well, you see, unlike other games out there, none of us will ever be paid for the time we invest in development/design of Majik. Therefore, since we have to conduct our daily lives as well as Majiking, I would say it's not unreasonable to expect slower progress than commercial games.

Message 2673

Date: 2003-05-07 06:59:08
In-Reply-To: 2672

I know, and I understand that. But Majik is just far too grand of an undertaking. It's been in the development for so long, and you guys have pages and pages of designer information, that still hasn't been implemented. You have far too many world designers, and not enough grahfic(sp) people.

But, I can't help getting the feeling that the Majik staff has no drive anymore. I know people who have been waiting for years. I don't think the staff is motivated.

and btw, Namhas, the Jicra chat is down. Fix it, some of us anti IRC folk, want to be able to chat again.

Message 2674

Date: 2003-05-07 14:47:33
In-Reply-To: 2673

Jicra is offline due to abuse and there is no way to prevent the abuse and besides because of public IRCnet server policies, there wouldn't be really "space" for any Jicra users to hang the IRC through majik.majik3d.org except the privileged few.

About the progress. Dazzt has promised a revised "landscape test" during the summer and that should mean that the supporting libraries Amon and Magi have been developed up to a usable degree. That could even sound a bit realistical promise for the Amon is amazingly already in quite a good shape. Whether or not there is a revised release during the summer, there has been a slight effort to coordinate a simpler version of Majik. A version which is simpler in way of lesser amount of "bulk stuff" but without leaving out the most important basic concepts of Majik.

Message 2675

Date: 2003-05-07 19:51:43
In-Reply-To: 2674

Yay! The Namhas has spoken. All hail the Namhas.

Thanks for the update. You guys really need to let some of "normal" people, know what's going on. We might lose heart. Hell, I remember when I first found Majik. It must have been the early summer of 1999. It's sort of vague, but I have recolections of a progress bar, stuck at some precentage and a screenshot of a penguin.

Ahh yes, the good old days....
Wait, a minute, there was an elephuant also, right? Yeah, an elephant screenshot. It was pink, at least I remember it being pink. Maybe I'm just messed up.

May Majik be blessed with enteral happyness