Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

name of world

Message 253

Date: 2002-01-17 01:40:32

Is the name of the majik world 'Palandian Majica', or have i misunderstood something somewhere?

Message 258

Date: 2002-01-17 06:35:01
In-Reply-To: 253

Does it need to have a name? We only have one world, you know.

Message 259

Date: 2002-01-17 06:53:26

No it isn't anymore. Nods, we could just say it is "world" (or whatever else if we add some religious/cultural ways to name world etc.) If we need to refer to some land we can say "In the lands of Althainon" or something.

We needed a name for the world when we were pondering a new name for Majik because we thought that "Majik", after all, is quite a sucky name - it was just a first thing that came to mind for Shinael during Majik2 times and I just decided to take it - because I had decided that I will take the first thing that comes to anyone's mind. (Nothing was coming to my mind).

Nowadays, however, it seems that we have chosen to use this "Majik" name ... and so be it then. I have got used to it. :) In compared to that "Palandian Majica" actually sounds a bit lame. We don't however never say "In world of Majik". Majik is not a name for our world, as far as I know. We say, "I've been walking around Nemen for ages. It is becoming a bit boring."

Or something, whatever, I just woke up.

Message 262

Date: 2002-01-17 18:09:41

To refer to the actual gameworld as "world"...it doesn't sound as if someone were "Roleplaying". Mabey post a few suggestions for the world? Vorti (vortie), Nubon, Koro...

Message 264

Date: 2002-01-17 18:48:03

I disagree. The name of the world is of no significant importance. Nobody calls our world "Tellus" in real life, why should anyone call their world by name in Majik? :)