Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Climate Desc

Message 2165

Date: 2002-10-07 05:53:22

Since I am in the process of writing what will (hopefully) eventually become the final and complete version of the Nemen desc, I would like to ask everyone if we should keep the season names of "Birth, Life, Dying, and Death". Rahl himself stated that they could be changed. Since the months are not English words either, should we come up with something similar to those?

Message 2172

Date: 2002-10-07 08:30:57
In-Reply-To: 2165

I never liked birth, life, dying and death much, but i like the calendar names of months (harukdon and whatever) even less because they're arbitrarily made up. I think you can just ignore naming. Spring to winter is perfectly fine for me, or you could ask Hook for hilosyph names for whatever you need.

Message 2176

Date: 2002-10-07 08:55:07
In-Reply-To: 2172

Hmm, in fact, most tropical regions (like Nemen) have the rainy and not-quite-so-rainy season, which are dependant on the monsoons. Perhaps these would suffice for Nemen.

Message 2190

Date: 2002-10-09 04:14:32
In-Reply-To: 2172

death and dying suck...if you are going to make up season names make them not english...other wise use the english names already used in real world. With nemen you might consider doing this becouse there isn't a srping fall or winter...just wet and dry seasons...call them that or make up names.