Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Nemen Race

Message 2163

Date: 2002-10-07 01:38:51

In the task in Task Management with the same name (http://www.majik3d.org/lounge/tasks.html?viewtask=51), there have been a few suggestions but no conclusions on what race will populate the island of Nemen and nearby islands. Since I have taken the task of writing/rewriting the Nemen region desc, this would be important to know, and, as origon puts it, "Deciding player race is urgent, this to know what the enviroment we build should be like."

Darshan suggested hilosyph, which would be relatively easy since they are already pretty well described, but hook noted that a mixture of these hilosyphs and other races (he mentioned the uzardran) which could be made to fit the current playermodel better. However, this new race would require a new race description, which might lengthen the design process even longer.

Discuss!

Message 2191

Date: 2002-10-09 04:17:50
In-Reply-To: 2163

my suggestion is that if you are going to be the one who writes it and no one cares enough to decide then you should just choose what you want. If you do use the hilosyph then you should note that they are there after the cataclym remote from thier home land...you have to decide if they are just descended from hilosyph..(there was another cataclysm there eirlier) or if they are in fact a full fledged colony of the hilosyph empire.

Message 2550

Date: 2002-11-05 23:53:05

Perhaps a mixture of hilosyph and bronn (the hilosyph slaves) would be the most interesting combination. They could be escaped slaves who developed a small empire in the Nemen island chain. I suppose I could write this description, but I would need to finish the Nemen region desc first. Any comments?

Message 2652

Date: 2003-02-21 03:35:58

I am in the process of writing this desc, and, as this will certainly be an important aspect of the game in its early, Nemen stages, I'm sure some, if not most, have some interest in how this will turn out. Therefore, I have a working copy of the "Pajonn" race description online at http://www.majik3d.org/~sweatshop/notopen/pajonn/pajonn.htm for anyone who would like to see what progress has been made and make suggestions/comments before it is near completion, which is definitely preferable.