Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

majik3d gravity

Message 2023

Date: 2002-09-13 01:57:13

will the gravity in the majik3d world be the same as it is on earth? i think it would be cool to be able to jump higher than you would be able to on earth. i know i would enjoy low gravity fights. i would not enjoy people jumping over walls without a hitch. also, you guys roxor.

Message 2024

Date: 2002-09-13 08:22:16
In-Reply-To: 2023

No, the gravity will most likely be as it is in reality. There might, however, be some other paths, one could say.

Message 2025

Date: 2002-09-13 08:27:26
In-Reply-To: 2023

I have thought about this kind of stuff, but then, if you think about it, would humans have developed the way they are now if the gravity was low enought to make enormous leaps? Also, low gravity would mean that there would be other ways to transport yourself than just walking. You would be bouncing around the walls it that was true and that would make the game seriosly different. And no-one here has very good expertice of living in low-g enviroments.

I believe that you've played some first-person shooter game with gravity set low thru console or something else. An example is the secret level of Episode 1 of original quake. If you jumped and hit the wall, you pretty much had to slide the wall all the way down, unable to do anything, before you could get the control again. Now we don't want anything like that, don't we? :-)

Message 2103

Date: 2002-10-01 01:18:42
In-Reply-To: 2025

Heh-heh, Ziggurath Vertigo (the secret level in Quake) was the perfect way to get gibbed in grand style. Everyone was a sitting duck.

Nah, leave gravity as our usual 9.8 m/s2