Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

character heritage.

Message 1852

Date: 2002-08-16 11:03:15

In reply to Takomtor's message:
http://majik3d.org/lounge/forums.html?viewmsg=1848

please continue this conversation in a designteam-only thread,
and not on the 'general majik' group.

No. Though we are striving for as much reality as is possible without being a Real Life Simulator(tm), we are not making a Sims game where you play house, and have kids.

Your idea of heritage as a solution to personal vendetta's resulting from a character getting killed could however have some advantages. I think we need to ponder on this. Maybe have an option to either create a completely different character than your last one, or an offspring to your previous character. This would be done completely conceptually, NOT in any case realistically, the character would not start out as an infant, and no, the previous character doesn't have to have existing kids before this could be done. I repeat: no making babies in Majik.

That's MY official opinion, if you mean to argue, please do.

Message 1853

Date: 2002-08-16 14:27:51
In-Reply-To: 1852

Ah, sorry about that.

I'm in no way demanding kiddies in to the game, players will take care of that. It was just the most logical solution that came into my mind.

It is also very dangerous idea, strong characters would be able to keep expanding their empire on and on.

However, I think that it is imperative for us to think up some kind of way to give player the feeling of continuous accomplishment and accumulation of experience, mere character history tables etc... won't cut it.

No real answers here, sorry