Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Cataclysm

Message 1721

Date: 2002-07-13 02:53:21

I had some free time today and wrote a short history of the cataclysm. To me the Cataclysm was the product of the power struggle so cabals of mages. So here I present my view of the cataclysm and hope you all enjoy it.

The mages of course were powerful and like powerful people they are slowly corrupted by their power. Slowly they take control one tiny bit of the populace at a time. One country there or a powerful ruler there these mages would also corrupt the populace eventually. Soon
crime and war spread like a festering disease across the Earth. But even then the time was not as dire as it would become. The cabals at first lived in an uneasy truce it was not spoken or agreed upon but they left each other alone. But when there were no more
countries to steal or rulers to manipulate they soon started to invade each other. The first battles were no more then barroom brawls but soon they escalated into full-fledged wars. IT seems time was running out for the world of Majik to mend its sinful ways. These skirmishes
and small-scale wars continued until the mages decided it was time to stop toying with each other and really cause damage. Armies that were ready to start battle began, people who were bluffing stopped. Armies clashed and spells were chanted it seemed like the end of life was upon
all of Majik. The skies were dark with burned towns and burned bodies. Vultures gorged themselves upon the mounds of killed victims. The rivers ran red with the blood of the young and the old. Each side had taken massive losses and all seemed lost for those few not involved in the endless war.
The gods were not paying attention and the Sages could not reverse the final outcome. But the did hide those few who hid from the armies they hid these from the world until it was safe to repopulate Majik and make it the prosperous world it once was. The final day of Majik came, spells were chanted
giving rise to volcanoes, earthquakes and floods. The earth itself was not still until the last corrupt person was killed and only then did the earth begin to heal its wounds. Those few people that survived emerged into a desolate world but this world promised new beginnings for all of them.

Message 1722

Date: 2002-07-14 22:21:14
In-Reply-To: 1721

Something like that. Except the term "corrupt person" is HIGHLY subjective and doesn't fit any of majik's ideas about avoiding alignments.

Also some topics that should be discussed:

1.Postcataclysmic worldmap.
2.Exact effects of cataclysm.
3.Areas that were, areas that weren't affected by cataclysm.

Message 1748

Date: 2002-07-26 03:31:49
In-Reply-To: 1722

4. races that survived.
5. buildings/citys that survived
6. magical enchanted objects that survived.

i.e. quests. :P