Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Item creation heirarchy

Message 1499

Date: 2002-05-15 18:41:54

I personally hate having to go though an endless heirarchy and what seems majik will a multidude of weapons and other combat and non combat related items and such. Too me what would make it easy on me and possibly others it too have lists of items you could create. These lists would have all the items you want in there. So for instance lets say Bob the Blacksmith needs to make a ornamental staff for some preist and since Bob gets alot of businesss from preists he has made a list of stuff preists normally want so instead of having to go through an endless heirarchy of weapons he can just go to his list and select faster then having to look through almost every staff he could make.

But we could keep the heirarchy so that when Bob needs to make something he has not made in a while he could just find in in the heirarchy.

Message 1500

Date: 2002-05-16 02:17:07
In-Reply-To: 1499

yes, of course we'd have quick-access lists like that, but this is just a way to keep track of proficiencies and stuff behind the scenes

we could include the heirarchy as an option for those that prefer it, though, and for situations like above

Message 1509

Date: 2002-05-19 17:26:36
In-Reply-To: 1499

thats a good idea. The GUI would display, under the option Items: Custom Lists, All Known

The player would have no idea of everything that can be made, just what he knows how to make.

Message 1519

Date: 2002-05-19 22:54:14
In-Reply-To: 1509

Yeah, the idea of customizable player menus in general is a nice one (albeit not a very pressing topic).

Message 1523

Date: 2002-05-20 01:59:47
In-Reply-To: 1519

agreed.. first get a working menu, then later add user customizable ones.