Re: testing needed

Subject: Re: testing needed
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 16:07:17 EEST

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Steve Brown wrote:

> I don't think its necessarily a Solaris issue, but when I log in I always
> get just a black (or lately a sort of dark greenish) screen with no
> landscape. Moving around for a while fixes it eventually but its
> pretty disconcerting ;) Mind you, get 22.6fps when its like that
> ;)

It's the damned Mapquad bug, well known one too :) Tried to debug it
for hours with no progress. You don't even have to "move around for
a while", just hit 4 or 6 once and you'll get the landscape.

> Am I supposed to be testing this or fixing it?!? ;-)

Fixing :)

And also, you could do a binary for Solaris and place it to
ftp://majik.netti.fi/majik3d/solaris/, the filenames are already
touched, do the -current one, but checkout new sources first.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi