Re: Majik.

Subject: Re: Majik.
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 12:21:45 EEST

phirate@ethos.co.nz wrote:

> Nice page. Downloaded the client, it compiled without any problem, which
> is cool. Even ran without any problems :)

Amazing! :)

> I note that the client has no screen-shots which look vaguely like the one
> shown on the homepage. Have I got an early version or something?

http://majik.netti.fi/~harum/shotti.jpg, I have forgot to add it to
screenshots.html, apparently. The one in the screenshots.html is an old
screenshot of actually the first working version of the client, it
was only a nice collection of horrible kludges.

>          too (Just the socket class).

I'm currently responsible for the networking code, but we can do it
together. For example, I have no experience of making it portable to
Win32,
and I might need some help when designing the protocol, but if you see
that
the current implementation is horrible: go ahead, do better :)

> If not, your loss, although I understand why :) And is that image on your
> homepage from the actual client engine? or just a mockup?

It is from the actual client engine, old one.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi