Majik 3D MUD

Subject: Majik 3D MUD
From: Jared (slake@punkass.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 06:04:09 EET

Hell I'm considering writing a system similar to what you guys are doing
except I would provide just a general framework for people to build upon,
much like a text MUD CodeBase. I was just wondering if you guys could tell
me what methods you had come up with for figuring out and relaying what the
user was seeing to their client? I've come up with a couple of differnet
ideas but none of them seem to be that great of a way to go about it. I've
been tossing around something along the lines of just relaying the vertexes
and what not along to the client and letting the users system do the actual
rendering. Textures and whatnot would be purely client based, I just tell
them what I'm using on the system. The user would decide whether they
actually see them or not. What approach did you take to this problem? I
would appreciate it if you could share this bit of insight with me.
 Thanks