new hook stuff

Subject: new hook stuff
From: joshua 'hook' corning (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 13:32:31 EET

I have updated some files and added some new ones to the ftp they are
listed as the following

The blood coast which is located in Lamarhen. This is near or in one of
the start locations. I suggest some of you read it and say what is right
or wrong about it

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/blood_coast-0.1.txt

Nalor Thaan desc has been updated and expanded. This is also one of the
start locations so read it and complain or complement the choice is
yours.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/nalor_thaan-0.7.txt

Goblins. I have updated this monster desc. please read it and tell me
what you think

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/goblins-0.2.txt

Golems. This is a new monster desc for the Cement Golems of Nalor Thaan.
Tell me what you think.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/golems-0.2.txt

Mini black and white maps for regions. I made these to insert into the
world book along with the text. They represent regions in the world.
White = water, Black = region land, Grey = non-region land.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/djasim.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/nalor_thaan.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/torell.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/lamarhen.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/Ari.il.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/abhorance.fst.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/althainon.sm.png
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/maps/thjarr.sm.png

Other updates that are old but i never posted them to the design-mail
thread.

Some templates for designing regions, races and regions. I did not write
these but are derived from an e-mail sent to me by Beregar when I first
joined the design team. I might have edited them a bit i can't remember.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/other.ppl/monster.template.txt
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/other.ppl/race.template.txt
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/other.ppl/region.template.txt

Althainon. I ran it through a spell check and corrected some grammer and
some facts.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/althainon-1.2.txt

The region text. I corrected some grammer on the bottom that Beregar
wrote and fixed minor typos within the list. It isn't up to date in that
it doesn't reflect Eleril's or my claims to parts of Lamarhen.

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/regions-0.2.txt

I don't even know if you all hate love or are uncareing about my work
with descs. I guess what i would like is some constructive critasism. If
you do like them then tell me what you like and why so i can focus on
those type of description. If you don't like something tell me now so i
can change it now. I hate changeing things later becouse someone forgot
to mention it.

Joshua 'hook' Corning
hook@majik3d.org