Re: Region?!?

Subject: Re: Region?!?
From: Beregar (beregar@majik3d.org)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 08:35:47 EET

Let's put all region claimings on hold until I get checked
which regions have been claimed, when and why. That
list might lack some of them just because I couldn't
recall all claimed areas when I did it.

Also, I think you shouldn't claim too many areas since
you have to do all design for them. This is just beginning,
how things will turn out to be when you star designing
cities? (Where to place buildings, what, how many,
what's the history of those cities etc). When you have
a few cities and dozens of smaller villages to design in
each area it will take much time and there are still those
monuments and possible special creatures left.

You should also design some "monster" races which
are not meant for players. We are starting to have
enough human tribes, we probably don't want humans
to be most common race or do we? We have currently
humans as dominant race in 8 areas (is that right?).
Since it's not realistic to have all areas designed so that
there are only one race, unless that area is ruled by
race which wants kill every other race, remember to
mention influence of those races too, even if they have
only few settlemens in the area. Use common sense
in this too, it's not likely that elves live in the wastes
together with orcs or that other than human slaves
would live with Hilosyph.

We also should have some areas which don't have any
dominant race (it simply doesn't have enough people
for that) or which lacks races completelly because
the area is very hostile (swamps, wastes etc).

- Beregar (Beregar@majik3d.org)