Re: Mountain Heights

Subject: Re: Mountain Heights
From: Kim Kunnas (kiku@wwnet.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 10:10:07 EEST

Jonathan Koehn wrote:

> Yep got height values :) Just wondering for example if the north most
> moutains might be around 6 km and the ones below them 5km etc. :)
> here the url from Origon I think hes looking for more to get a area.
> https://majik3d-legacy.org/~origon/hm/

Well, I have some hopes regarding mountain heights and changes in my areas
(Gwelthor, Ghalimcar, Zamurdi, Cresent Isles, Borak, Osthel and Western Isles).

I have noticed that Osthel still lacks the changes I asked; the river in Osthel
still runs through the middle point of valley, not along the mountain line as I
hoped. Also, the valley should be surrounded completelly with sharp-featured,
steep mountains and have only small "hole" leading to western plains. There
should be two waterfalls, one pouring down high from eastern mountains and into
river which runs along corners of the valley and second one running down to
western plains from the "hole" in mountain range.

As to other mountains in my areas, well, you can use your own reasoning, it
should be obvious that mountains surrounding Ghalimcar are high since it is the
only dry area in Eastern Eldiron and surrounded with humid jungle regions.
Mountains on Borak and on northernmost of the cresent isles are actually
volcanos but they can be of any decent height (you can decide:).

I hope we can later manually alter the terrain in our areas should it be
required.

- Beregar Dar'Eldath (Beregar@Majik3D.org)

PS. As you (should) know, I'm currently serving in Finnish military and thus I
am not able to reply into your posts as frequently as I would like to.