Re: Iron allergy

Subject: Re: Iron allergy
From: McDuff (mcduff@iname.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 14:10:59 EEST

I'm not into this. At least no iron, it is already used so many times (for
example
>iron is harmful for Sithes (or however they are spelled) which are elven
tribe in fantasy book serie which name I don't remember but anyway :)

Yeah, but this way the iron is the same but the reason is different. It's
because it interferes with a natural magnetic field that the elves generate.
We don't call it that or say that in any files, but that's the technical nub
and crux of the matter.  It blinds them, rather than hurting them, like
someone shining a very bright light at a human's eyes, except that for
elves, who use this sense to "see" over their whole bodies, it's a much much
worse.

And the idea is actually stolen as well, but it's quite cool.

McDuff